- First, decide where you want to keep your list — on paper, on your phone, or on a computer file.
- Second, start making a list of people you want to pray for and categorize those people/requests.
- Monday: family (parents, grandparents, siblings and their families)
- Tuesday: friends (close friends, online friendships, other friends who have asked for prayer)
- Wednesday: church family (pastor and his wife, Sunday school/age groups, current requests)
- Thursday: salvation (loved ones, children of siblings/friends, witnessing opportunities)
- Friday: missions (missionaries, church ministries, chaplains,)
Saturday: government (salvation, wisdom, elections, – both state and federal)
- Sunday: miscellaneous requests (everything else!)
- Finally, consider the best time for you to pray.
- The point is to establish a routine.
- And discipline yourself to practice intercession.
- Focus — don’t do two things at once.
- Get away; find a quiet place where you can unwind and be you.
- God knows who you are — you don’t have to pretend.