Dear God my body is always aching
Dear God I feel like I’m losing my mind
Dear God can you take away my pain
Dear God I’m trying to hold on to my faith
Dear God I know you are my deliver
Dear God I know you have already won the war
Dear God I find it hard not to be consumed by the battle
Dear God can you renew my spirit
Dear God I know this is just the beginning and not the end
@2015 LaToya Murchison
So often we go to God in prayer for the desires of our heart but often we are no specific. Ask God for the wisdom and discernment to teach you how He wants you to pray and for what He wants you to pray for.
Here is a starter list of prayers you should know when you are asking God for something when you are trusting and leaning on your faith what he will give you what you ask.
Matthew 7:7 ”Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it
Mark 9:29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.
James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
I hope you all got off to a great start for this new journey in our lives. As you make your way through each day remember that it is important for you to make sure that you are seeking God daily for guidance. This will allow your mind and heart to be open to God’s personal message he has just for you.
It’s important to know that you will have some rough days and that is ok because none us are perfect I encourage you all to remember these things when you feel like your messing up:
- God has a purpose for your live before you were born. He gives us the ability to choose his way which will allow us to get closer to him, or when can chose to follow our own ways and places ourselves in situations that he never desired for us. God also has a reason for us to go through the good, bad and the ugly it is his way of preparing us for the plan that he has for our lives.
- God can use us in spite of our worse mistakes. He will use us our mistakes to give hope and show others around us that he is a forgiving God. Do not allow your past mistakes to dictate your future; but allow them to make you a better person. Remember that God has cast our sins in the sea of forgetfulness and it is important to allow his grace to be sufficient enough to keep us as we travel though our storms of life.
- Look at yourself the way that God does and allow him to use you to help others.
- It is important to build your spiritual life at all times because it will keep you lifted when you are going through.
- When you fall completely in Gods will your life will began to make positive changes.
Scripture from the New International Version (NIV):
Galatians 1:14: I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Acts 6:8: Now Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed great wonders and signs among the people.
1 Timothy 1:16: But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.
I love each of you because God loves you first.